Sunday, January 2, 2011

Another new year... 2011 is going to be a good one!


I had a quiet but really nice evening on New Years eve with a good friend, having good conversation over good (but healthy) food.  We both have exciting events &/or changes lined up so really enjoyed chatting about that, & was cool to think when we catch up next we should both have some pretty awesome stories!

Just finished an article for the Gofigure website (http://www.gofigure.co.nz/)  today "5 Things NOT to do when making New Year's resolutions".  This one should be up in the next couple of days & will follow it up with another one about how to stay on track with goals for the new year in a weeks time.  You can check out my last article on tips for the festive season here: http://www.gofigure.co.nz/doc/content/view/1179/34/

My training is going well, have been a little off target with my food but more in terms of not eating enough meals a day at times & timing between meals, rather than eating the wrong things.  Holiday mode does that to me a little, I prefer set routines - boring but predictable, as far as training & making progress with that & diet is concerned.  I ate pretty cleanly even on Christmas day - I did interval training for 2 hours during the day so enjoyed a desert of fruit salad, Gelato & sorbet.


Getting back into the swing of it now & excited about starting a new year, which I plan to make a good one!  Had a good workout today, have eaten well & have my goals clearly in mind.  For me having quotes & photos round my home, in my training diary etc, as reminders of what I want to achieve is always helpful.  Nothing like keeping goals right at the front of your mind - so tomorrow I'm going to put some different quotes & pics up on my pantry door, fridge & bathroom mirror :) I found this quote on a fridge magnet while Christmas shopping.  I think it's a great one to live by, start a new year with & finish for today;

"To laugh is to risk appearing a fool,
to weep is to risk being called sentimental,
to reach out to another is to risk involvement,
to expose is to risk
showing your true self,
to place your ideas & your dreams before a
crowd is to risk being called naive,
to love is to risk not being loved in return
to live is to risk dying
to hope is to risk despair
to try is to risk failure
the greatest risk in life is to risk
NOTHING,
the person who risks nothing,
does nothing,
has nothing,
is nothing
and becomes nothing,
only the person who risks
is truly free..."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment